We’re looking for a Stage Manager for the Burnaby Summer Theatre!
Now Hiring: Stage Manager (Canada Summer Jobs)
The Theatre Stage Manager will assume a management role with the touring production and during rehearsals, as well as supporting the production manager/program coordinator. They will be in charge of:
- Coordinating team-related activities from rehearsal, to scheduling meetings
- Support the Creative Team during the development of the story and touring
- Ensure safety during touring
- Have First Aid Training and be able to execute it in case of emergency
- Reporting back to the program coordinator about the progress of the piece and the group health during the process
- Keep the team on track with deadlines and arriving to performance locations in a timely manner
- Manage logistics of setting up an in-person or online presentation
- Communicating the creative team’s vision to the production manager in terms of set, costumes, and any technical needs.
- Translate the creative vision set out by the team into executable strategy (Marketing, production logistics, etc.)
- Track and maintain the Summer Theatre budget
This job role will be for emerging performing artists and students who already have some creative experience in the theatre industry, and hope to complement it with career skills in arts administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in performing arts, either volunteer or paid
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in a supervisory role or managing a small team-Strong written and verbal communications
- A keen interest in learning about and developing a career in arts administration
- Interest in taking on the role of the dramaturge
This is a position funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. The contracted position will last for 12 weeks (from the start date), at an hourly rate of $16.00 per hour. Please note the candidate eligibility requirements below.
Canada Summer Job Qualifications:
- Be a permanent, refugee or citizen Legally allow to work
- Must be between the ages of 15-30 years upon starting
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is July 9, 2021. We thank everyone for applying, and will be reaching out to shortlisted candidates for interviews.