Life as we know it, as changed. With the evolving circumstances around the Covid-19 outbreak, the impact on our daily lives and behaviour are echoed through the empty aisles of retail stores and deserted sidewalks of downtown.
As artists, this may not mean much change at all, or it may be life altering. Creativity comes from everywhere and everything. By being confined at home with limited social interactions, how has your creative process changed? Has it stayed the same? Either way, we want to know. Our gallery may be closed, but that won’t stop the sharing of art. In fact, in this digital era, it may even mean new possibilities to bring the arts to our community!
As we mark this moment in history, we invite you, our Burnaby Artists, to record a video and share the thoughts running through your mind as an artist. Visual, spoken, musical, all mediums are welcome in this creative endeavor. Over the next few weeks, we will collect submissions and share them with the community. To our loyal patrons, this will be a chance to peek into the mind of the artist. To other artists, find inspiration and connection to what can otherwise be a solitary life.
- Accepting multiple submissions! Share your daily progress, or a collection of thoughts.
- Video length: 1 – 2 minutes
- You agree to your work being re-posted on our social media channels (Facebook & Instagram) with proper credits.
- Send us your videos via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- DM or tag us on social media! (Facebook: Deer Lake Gallery; IG: @deerlakegallery, @burnabyartscouncil)