UPDATED GUIDELINES: 10/13/2021
*We will be updating these guidelines as Provincial Health & Safety recommendations evolve under the rapidly changing circumstances.
Visiting the Gallery
- We do not check for vaccine cards in order to enter the art gallery.
- Masks are required for all gallery visitors.
- Visitors and volunteers who are showing symptoms of any communicable disease must remain home and seek the medical advice of their physician.
- Please be mindful of keeping a 2 meter distance from other visitors and volunteers.
- Washroom facilities with running water, soap and hand sanitation supplies are available to the public (in accordance with the most recent Provincial Health Order – Gathering and Events) , which will be sanitized after each day.
- Member-hosted small events and gatherings will require a representative to submit an outline of the safety measures they will take to maintain a safe environment.
- Outdoor events (e.g. Live at the Gallery) will allow audience members in the backyard, with physically distanced seating and an event manager to oversee and remind visitors of safety measures.
- Kitchen and office access are prohibited to the public.
Interactive artwork guidelines
Occasionally, artworks on display will include viewer interactions. Proper signage will be posted by the art with specific guidelines for safe interactions.
In order to ensure your own safety, the safety of our staff and the safety of our other guests please:
- Use the provided hand sanitizer prior to touching the artwork, as well as again afterwards.
This piece will also be sanitized by gallery staff after every interaction to slow the spread of germs.
- If you are a BAC member or group, please e-mail us at email@example.com regarding member-related gatherings and events at the Deer Lake Art Gallery. We’re happy to work with you to coordinate safe activities in our space!
*These guidelines are subject to change in light of changing circumstances and recommendations from provincial health authorities.
Follow us on Social Media for updates
Please don’t hesitate to contact us by e-mail.