The Burnaby Arts Council has a mandate to reach out to and engage with community in many ways. It exists first and foremost as a hub for artists across all disciplines. The goal of the BAC is to support the Burnaby arts community by creating exhibition and performance opportunities, educating artists and community members and engaging art lovers in the programming that we provide. We seek to reinforce the idea that the arts contribute significantly to the quality of life in Burnaby.
What we’re looking for
The BAC is looking to expand our arts education in 2021. We have an ongoing need for art instructors to teach classes, workshops or host demonstrations for artists of all abilities. This is an excellent opportunity for artists and educators experienced in teaching art concepts and techniques. We are looking for art instructors who can deliver a class, workshop or demonstration that can be presented either in-person or online, based on local health authority recommendations. As our need for instructors is immediate, applications will be considered as they arrive. Applications will continue to be accepted and considered for future opportunities. Bring us your creative ideas and we’ll help you bring them to our community!
What you’ll do
- Delivering and teaching art programming to students of various ages and abilities. Responsible for providing all necessary program supplies, along with general set-up and clean-up, where applicable.
- Preparing program plans for classes, including developing program material resources (such as examples, worksheets, etc.) and preparing class activities.
- Must submit lesson plan for approval prior to in class sessions being delivered.
- Providing assistance and encouragement to students, and pacing classes to meet students’ needs.
- Ability to alter the class/workshop/demonstration to be accessible in person and online
We are looking for instructors who have a post-secondary degree in Fine Arts, Art History, Art Education, Education or a related discipline. A minimum of 1 year of experience teaching, ideally in an arts related setting though that’s not completely necessary. Experience working with people of differing abilities is an asset.
How to Apply
Applications close on February 25, 2021 11:59PM
Please submit your resume and brief proposal for the 2-hour workshop that you would like to create via email to Jasmine at email@example.com
Applications will be received and evaluated on a rolling basis until our annual schedule is filled. We thank everyone for their interest and will reach out to you if your proposal fits what we’re looking for!
Remuneration will be based on the length of class and necessary supplies required, and can be discussed during the interview process.