We’re looking for 2D, 3D, and installation artwork for our 2022 Deer Lake Gallery exhibition program.
We invite all artists working with all media including but not limited to painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, wood, metal work and installation work. Photography or digital mixed media work may sell prints otherwise all other work must be original.
Artists are welcome to submit individually or as part of a group. Exhibition proposals should include the artist’s intentions, theme, idea or concept.
Accepted exhibitions will last between six to eight weeks with an opening reception and the opportunity to host artist talks, workshops, or meet & greets with the artist(s).
The Burnaby Arts Council will (at no cost to the artist):
- Provide support for installation and take-down of the works.
- Consultation with the artist(s) to develop a suitable floor plan.
- Organize the opening reception for the exhibition (Saturday afternoons, 12 – 4pm).
- Produces marketing materials and promotes the exhibition (press release, social media, online listings).
As a non-profit organization, we offer an honorarium for artist talks and workshops, but are unable to provide artist fees for our exhibitions at this time.
- Two dimensional artwork must be framed or mounted, and wired with plastic coated picture hanging wire so that they may be be hung using cable suspended hooks on a click rail track
- Artwork cannot have been displayed in Burnaby within a 2 year period prior to the application.
Sales: Artwork is not required to be for sale during the exhibition. A 25% commission is retained by the Burnaby Arts Council on all works sold.
Membership: You do not have to be a current BAC member to apply, but will be required to purchase a membership if your proposal is accepted.
You will need the following information to submit your application!
- A short bio (300 – 500 characters)
- An artist statement that provides a brief introduction to your practice and a description of the works you are submitting for consideration
- Images of the proposed artworks attached as jpg files (max. 10)
- A written or visual proposal of how you envision your works in the Deer Lake Gallery space.
For General Inquiries about submitting your application:
Call us: 604.298.7322
E-mail us: email@example.com
About the Burnaby Arts Council & Deer Lake Gallery
The Burnaby Arts Council has a mandate to reach out to and engage with the community in many ways. We seek to reinforce that the arts contribute significantly to the quality of life in Burnaby. The Arts Council is interested in exploring ways arts can be used in our city to draw community together, creating programs and public presence. We also wish to create a broad range of programs and gallery exhibitions to reflect the diversity of cultures in our community, being inclusive and respectful of all cultures. We wish to celebrate and enable emerging and professional artists through a professional exhibition in a public space, which serves to promote artists, to increase public awareness of art, and to make original art by local artists accessible to the general public.